Slava Novorossiya

Slava Novorossiya

Monday, September 17, 2012

CHRISTIAN QUOTE FOR THE DEATH PENALTY [SUNDAY 16 SEPTEMBER 2012 TO SATURDAY 29 SEPTEMBER 2012]


NOTICE: I will post a quote from a Christian in favor of capital punishment every fortnight.

The Last Rites are the very last prayers and ministrations given to many Catholics before death. The last rites go by various names and include different practices in different Catholic traditions. They may be administered to those awaiting execution, mortally wounded or terminally ill.

Referring to executions in The United Kingdom before 1965:

The Priest, meeting the condemned at the door of his cell, shall walk before him to the place of execution, and shall say
            I am the resurrection, and the life, saith the Lord; he that believeth in me, though he were, yet shall he live; and whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die.
            I know that my Redeemer liveth, and though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh I shall see God, whom I shall for myself, and mine eyes behold and not another.

At the place of execution he shall stand facing the condemned prisoner, and shall say
            Remember not, Lord, the offenses of this thy servant, and be not angry with him for ever.
            By thine agony and bloody sweat, by Thy cross and passion, By Thy precious death and burial, by Thy glorious resurrection and ascension, good Lord, Deliver thy servant.
            O Lord God, let the prayer of the prisoner appointed to die come before Thee.
            O Lord, Jesus Christ, Lamb of God, that takest away the sins of the world, have mercy upon him and receive his soul.

When the drop falls the Priest shall say
            Into thy hands, O Lord we commend the spirit of this Thy servant.
            O Lord, we beseech Thee, mercifully hear our prayers, and spare all who confess their sins unto Thee; that they whose consciences by sin are accused, by Thy merciful pardon may be absolved; through Christ our Lord.

            Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment